Saturday, March 13, 2010

16 Months Old...

At the beginning of the new school year Sunday School classes promote to the new grade level...even babies! It was so sweet to have the nursery workers and Elina's new SS teacher "fight" over the babies/toddlers...I love that they love our children...every single one of them! Well, Ellie ended up promoting (I couldn't believe Mrs. Becki and Mrs. Donna let it happen!). But they knew it was best for her. Elina was actually the first in her class on Promotion Sunday (normally there are a few more children in the room with her), but it was so sweet to see Mrs. Jana giving her one-on-one attention. She loves her SS class and teacher! And Mommy loves that she caught this milestone on video!...



We have been blessed to get to live in one of the best neighborhoods ever! We absolutely love and appreciate all of our neighbors. Everyone looks out for each other and expresses such kindness...not just the silent wave when you happen to be outside at the same time. Well, one of the families on our block adopted a sweet little girl from Korea just over a year ago. She's just a little older than Ellie. We don't get to hang out much, but when we do it's so sweet to see the girls interact and share with each other. Mindy let Ellie play on her new tricycle one day, and since Ellie doesn't have any ride-on toys like this she thought it was super special!...

I'm so blessed to get to have Elina! She is absolute joy in our lives...she is thoughtful, loving, entertaining, laughter filled, and so much more. She also lets Mommy play with her hair! This is one of the things I remember always enjoying when I was a kiddo...I loved fixing my hair in different styles (side pony tail anyone??) and of course playing with my dolls' hair as well. (I occasionally got to play with my best friend's hair, but she usually tricked me into letting her do mine and then wouldn't let me do hers!) Ha! Then there was college...I actually had friends that let me cut and dye their hair...crazy I know! I think there might have actually been a few times that my 'clients' didn't end up sneaking away to get my creation fixed by a professional! But, the word on the street is that they mostly always had to get it "fixed". Ha Ha!!

This is Elina's first Pony Tail (Daddy's favorite way for her hair to be done!)


Elina's first French Braid...


Like I said...Elina brings such joy to our home...look what I found her doing one night...



No comments: