**UPDATE: Thanks Val for pointing out my imperfections! :) No seriously...of course I meant fell instead of feel in the second paragraph. It's corrected now, but for those of you who may have read it and laughed at me and then didn't let me know about it! (except Val of course)...I thought you may not notice the correction without this public announcement of my imperfections! Not that I haven't ever had a typo before...ha ha!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Since Ellie's arrival, most honey dos have been on the back burner (for both mommy and daddy), but recently things have picked back up. Jason asked our friend Richard (who tremendously helped us for 3 months before Ellie was born) to help install a new back door...we feel much safer now! Here's Jason assembling the new hardware for a safe and secure closure!
Then a deal fell into our laps (or is that Jason fell on his back...j/k). We were blessed to receive a new dishwasher at an incredible price...too good to pass up!...so Jason went to work. Here he is pulling the old one out. I happened to walk in the kitchen just in time to see him like this, and yes...I did make him lay there so that I could grab the camera! For some reason that old dishwasher just didn't want to budge, but Daddy the Handy Man beat that stubborn old thing!
However, the dishwasher had the last laugh. When Jason tried to install the new one...we discovered there where no hook ups for a dishwasher anyway! Maybe this is what they meant by dishwasher doesn't work in the homeowner's disclosure. Well, another blessing came our way...our friend Tanner did his best to help install a garbage disposal (which I was wanting anyway) so that the dishwasher would have hook ups. Dispite great efforts (and the help of a vaccume cleaner...I still don't know why they needed that in there) the appliances won again...
So, after a very long weekend...our hot water heater ended up not working (in addition to and not because of everything else)...we had to call a plumber, who went under the house and found decaying pipes which literally fell apart when he tried to disassemble them. He fixed the pipes, which fixed the hot water heater problem, and ultimately put our kitchen back together for us! All in all...Jason/Daddy is still our hero (here on earth anyway!) Thank you honey!
(P.S. Maybe one day I'll get the cabinet doors put up...hopefully before a little somebody becomes mobile!!)




No comments:
Post a Comment