Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Milestones...

Everything seems to be happening so fast these days, I can't seem to keep up. I am glad however that I have captured most of Elina's firsts on video (and if it wasn't her first, it was her second attempt).

This is actually the very first time Elina just went for it and took off walking with her walker!



On this particular day, Elina was playing with Daddy and was holding his hand while standing up. He let go and she just stood there for the longest time! We were so excited we couldn't hardly breathe! I was just sick that I didn't have my camera, but after many many seconds of standing I decided to make a run for it and of course she got distracted and sat down. Jason stood her back up and this is what happened!!! (she was really wobbly since she stood for so long the first time, her legs got really shakey, so she didn't stand nearly as long as the first time.) I was also on the phone at the time and totally stopped talking to catch this moment! Sorry Steph!)



One day recently while we were getting ready for services on a Wed. night, Jason came to me and asked if I wanted to see Ellie climb the stairs in the sanctuary. I didn't realize that he thought this was new to her. I guess I forgot to tell him that some older ladies were letting her do the same thing a few weeks prior. Poor guy! He was so excited and I burst his bubble. Either way it was really sweet to see him so pumped about getting to see his daughter achieve this new milestone!

While it's not uncommon to see children playing on the steps in a church, this is one of the first times our daughter has done it. And I can't help but imagine the first time she'll cry out to the Lord (not that it has to be this alter or any alter) desiring forgiveness and salvation! We are praying for that day, the day Elina finds herself at the foot of the cross and her Savior reaches out and saves her...Wow...what a day that will be! Praise the Lord!

No comments: