

Short version of her birth story:
We'd were scheduled for induction at 4:30 in the morning on Monday, so that meant getting up at 2:30 to get ready and leave by 3:30...not really that much of a problem since I didn't sleep at all that night and my sweet baby didn't either!!!
We'd were scheduled for induction at 4:30 in the morning on Monday, so that meant getting up at 2:30 to get ready and leave by 3:30...not really that much of a problem since I didn't sleep at all that night and my sweet baby didn't either!!!
I was put on Pitocin shortly after arriving and I began to experience hard contractions late morning...
In the middle of a contraction...this one obviously wasn't that bad...the pictures after this point really aren't postable! :)
Jason must have had an audience at this point since he was goofing off! From what I've heard...he only goofed off about 10% of the time...I had no clue since I had checked out for most of the day. Jason said I moaned an E flat all day long! :) I have to say though that I have the absolute best husband in the world! He was completely there for me and there's absolutely no way I would have had the great experience I had without him!
This is Molly...a Great friend of ours that served as our Dula on Monday. She held private birthing classes for Jason and me...she taught us everything we needed to know to prepare for the big day. However, there's NO way I would have made it through without her! She told me exactly what to do and when to do it...she also let me do exactly what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it! I must say...the three of us make a great team! I also MUST say that the three of us wouldn't have been a great team without our fourth and most important teammate...The Great Physician Himself...I know that He walked me through every step of the way through Molly and Jason. He truly gave Molly the strength and wisdom she needed to help me through. (She actually had a horrible Migrain that day...woke up dry-heaving and everything). He also gave Jason incredible physical strength to help me by squeezing my hips during hours of contractions...I never knew that my hips would hurt so bad or that the squeezing pressure would feel so good!
After less than 12 hours of labor...we got to meet our new baby girl!
After less than 12 hours of labor...we got to meet our new baby girl!
Our First Family Pictures...
We had a fairly successful first feeding...I didn't get to see her for the first 2 1/2 hours since she had to go straight to the nursery for a chest x-ray and other tests...so we were very anxious to get together for so nursing!!!With a lot of details missing for now...the Happy New Parents get to leave the hospital with a wonderfully healthy baby girl!






4 comments:
Oh my goodness! She's just beautiful. I cannot wait to meet Elina!!! I love the pictures! So sweet...the first one of the new family definitely made me cry! I love you three, you are precious to me!
val
PTL! Sara, she's beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so so proud of you! I can't believe you gave birth on pitocin without drugs. I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU! Excellent job momma!!
she is absolutely beautiful! molly is my aunt, i found your blog through molly beth's :) just wanted to say congratulations! havin' babies is great! may you be blessed with a good sleeper :)
I can't wait to meet her!! I love the "first family pictures." beautiful!! hope to see you three soon!!
Post a Comment